Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Simple Reflection of 2011

It's the very last day of the year, closing in on the very last hour.

In one word, the year has been...eventful. It's hard to find a word that can pinpoint this mix of emotions: excitement, newness, challenge, stress, fun, and downright exhaustion. 

My only regret is that I wish I had written more - simply for the reason of wanting to be able to look back on it all later with perfect clarity.

Life has changed, to say it in the most obvious of ways, and changed in a way that can only be described as lovely and heartbreaking. 

This year I married a wonderful Norwegian guy that makes me laugh, brings out my best, and isn't afraid of my worst. This year my parents gave me a beautiful wedding. This year I moved far, far away from my family and friends and learned how to cope with things I couldn't have come up with in my wildest imagination a just a few years ago. 

This year, a new chapter of my life began. A bold chapter, as well. 

2012 will be a fresh beginning to an old story. 

Cheers and Happy New Year (Godt NyttÃ¥r) from an American girl in Bergen, Norway! 


1 comment: