Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Getting Started

My goal is to document this journey I'm on. The process of getting married, moving overseas, and starting a life with the one I love is daunting to say the least, but definitely doable and seriously worth it. There are millions of questions I need answers to, and most days I don't even know where to begin. Today, for example, is one of those days. My thoughts are everywhere and nowhere - floating somewhere between wedding invitations, Halloween plans, how ridiculously hot it was today, and what on earth I will do to occupy my time in Norway while my visa is being processed (which, by the way, could take up to 11 months!!). Oh, add learning Norwegian and Skype dates to that list, too.
The best way I can describe this is that it is like a brainstorm. You know, the type you had make before writing a paper in junior high or high school (which I hated, and if it was ever required for a grade I always made it AFTER the paper was already written...completely defeating the purpose and therefore making it seem like a waste of time AND paper...but I'm seeing the usefulness now, at 23....)? Anyway, you know what I'm talking about: bubbles of topics with bubbles of subtopics sticking out from each bubble? That's my storm upstairs. Wedding bubble. Moving bubble. Life After Moving bubble. And Right Now bubble. Bring on the bubble wand, I'm sure there are more just waiting to come into existence....
So I'm at the brainstorming stage...pretty soon I'll move on to the writing and begin my story, my journey, my life. I hope you'll stick around for it, dear reader. I know the beginning of my story, and I know the end will be that I lived happily ever after, but everything in between is a mystery and I can't wait to figure it out with you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am an American from Minnesota and I just moved to Norway last October to be with my fiancée. I came across your blog and instantly noticed how similar our sitations are/were so I had to say hello! I am fresh out of college since last May, and am now taking a Norwegian language course and planning my wedding for this summer! Quite the new experiences... I look forward to keeping up with your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete